Google verbatim search shortcut
Inspired by a thread on Hacker News, I decided to look deeper at verbatim search.
Basically, it searches for the given string as is, discounting the following (from the FAQ):
- spelling corrections and alternative spellings
- personalizing your search by using information such as sites you’ve visited before
- including synonyms of your search terms to find related results
- finding results that match similar terms to those in your query
- searching for words with the same stem, like “running” when you search for [ run ]
Pretty easily I was able to extract the GET parameter and value, and create a Search Engine in Chrome titled ‘gv’.
I also use ‘go’ for google’s feeling lucky.
I’m still using duckduckgo as my primary search engine.