Java… yea the sky… it’s falling. (CVE-2013-0422)
Good Morning: Oracle has released 7u11 to patch this problem.
There’s a metasploit exploit available for this CVE, so you should be able to
try a variety of things to protect your systems. I really enjoy the title.
This is of great interest as it relies on Group Policy Preferences to control the
config of JRE. It’s awesome and I love it. The updated article explains using %windir%\Sun\Java\Deployment\deployment.config to deploy a mandatory config and how to use win32_directory to create a WMI filter to only deploy the file to systems where JRE is installed (note this can be done by using item-level targeting via the File preference), which is also very valuable.
Check out some of the settings that are found in deployment.properties.
Top Posts & Pages: Today
- Sourcing a ping from a specific interface and address on a Fortigate
- Access to the Fortinet FTP
- Upgrading the firmware on a standalone Fortigate unit or units in an HA cluster
- Leverage Group Policy to manage certificates in user's Firefox certificate store
- Networking: Part 2: Fortigate Failover Configuration (High Availability Cluster)
Most Recent Post
Page hits from non-unique IPs
- 709,772 hits not produced by me (according to wordpress.com docs)