Use Audio Unit for global EQ on OSX
As of May 4th, 2012, this is completed.
With soundflower routing, use a “built-in” EQ, through an audio unit for system wide equalizer on OSX is easy.
- Install Soundflower and install XCode developer tools (for AU Lab).
- Open Audio MIDI Setup and go to Window> Show Audio Window.
- Right-click on the Soundflower 2 channel device, and click “use this device for sound input” and “…output.” Note that the menu might have these disabled, try making sure the Soundflower 2 channel device is selected before right-clicking.
- In Soundflowerbed, under Soundflower (2ch) select None (OFF) (if you leave it on, then you’ll get some feedback when opening AU Lab).
- Open AU Lab and create a new document.
- Select the Audio Input Device to be Soundflower (2CH).
- Select the Audio Output Device to be Built-in Output.
- Go to the AU Lab document, click the drop down under Effects, Apple>AUGraphicsEQ or any other effect.
MacWorld Hint Forums