Blackberry: Obtaining, Installing, and Configuring the Bloomberg Anywhere client
You can obtain the latest version of Bloomberg Anywhere for Blackberry OTA at http://bbmobile.bloomberg.com/
In order to avoid configuring the MDS gateway (which is available at http://about.bloomberg.com/software/info_bbm.html), you can use RIM (over BIBS). You can visit the address in either one of the Browsers on the Blackberry for an over-the-air installer, or in a desktop browser to download the AppLoader package.
Follow these steps to configure Bloomberg on the user’s Blackberry, where the MDS Gateway isn’t configured on the BES server.
- Menu> Settings
- Menu> MDS Info… once this fails, you can close the MSD Info page. You will now see the revealed setting “Routing” on the main Settings page.
- Change the Routing option to “via RIM (BIBS).”
- Save the settings and close the Settings page.
- Have the user logon. Since this is a new Bloomberg Anywhere Access Point, they will need their B-Unit.
- Once you’ve entered their username and password, you will be prompted to enter a B-Unit code:
- With the B-Unit powered off, hold the power button down on the B-Unit for about five seconds, until the words “Token Mode” come on the screen. Release the power button.
- The user will then be prompted to “present finger” to the B-Unit’s biometric pad.
- A six-digit code will then generate every 30 seconds. Enter the current six-digit code into Bloomberg Anywhere for Blackberry to enable the Access Point (you only have to do this once to enable the Access Point).
- You can now turn the B-Unit off (it will be out of Token Mode when powered back on).
- Note that only one Access Point can be used at a single time per UserID (logging onto Bloomberg Anywhere for Blackberry will cause the user’s Bloomberg Anywhere desktop session to log off).