At work, I always use Outlook to set reminders, even if they’re really non-important.
I created a program really quickly a few weeks ago that took care of Windows’ unusually lack of an alarm clock. I mostly use it to remind me when my laundry is done.
Please note that I will be updating it as time passes. If you have any suggestions other than the following, please let me know by commenting on this post.
- Actual quick alarm (5 minutes later, 10 minutes later, etc.).
- Run this program when alarm is triggered (can provide for text messages in combination with the SMTP VBScript, I may also build this functionality into the program).
- Option to silence the audio alarm.
- Test the alarm.wav to check for volume level.
- Ability to add a note so that you know what you set the alarm for.
- Ability to set multiple alarms using the same instance. This is gonna be difficult, so either don’t expect to see it ever, or expect to see it in a very long time.